Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Over 105 Degrees With a Chance of Behind!

I'm behind in posting, I know, I am sorry. This post has so many pictures it will make up for it all! We took a for real mini-break to visit Kari & Crew in Las Vegas!

The trip started out a little pooey in the sense that we got stuck in traffic for a brush fire (so sad) and then an accident (jerks driving on the shoulder) & then Colonel Mustard & Mesa were having issues. Everyone was a bit worried or stressed about the weekend and them not being friendly. We hit the hay and hoped for the best...

Well Saturday morning I slept in with Colonel (by slept in I mean 8:30am) when Big Carl was unleashed on me and licked inside my nose to wake me up. Well needless to say I was up! Mesa didn't want to be left out of the fun so she headbutted the bedroom door open and she & Colonel started a face off. Well Joe & I decided to try to work this thing out with them. We herded everyone downstairs (minus Kari & her hubs who were out at the moment). We figured out the issue was both pups were greeting face on & both pups have issues with being greeted face on due to being super excited. Well we worked it out & had a wrestling filled weekend as Mesa & Colonel became BEST FRIENDS! We also tried to get Colonel to swim-he's a great swimmer, he just HATES water. Poor little man! Big mama Baily kept trying to break up the other 3 pups' fun. Big Carl got loads of "Second Mom" snuggles. We humans watched tons of football & Tanked on Animal Planet, drank a bunch of beer, and ate amazing food. Joe & I met up with our pal Lacey for breakfast & coffee/tea which was tons of fun. And Joe & I got to meet up with my college friends Annie & Pat (as well as meet their ADORABLE daughter & Annie's mom) for lunch. Such fun times!

All in all it was a wonderful break from real life & a great get-away! We miss everyone already!!!

Check out our fun in the sun, pool, and the pups friendship forging!



















































































































Jealous of our great time?! Hope you had lovely Labor Day weekends chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment