Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cloudy With a Chance of The Kennedys

Hello dear friends!

So much going on! I have been eating and cooking up a storm-all delicious vegan eats of course. Lately we've been munching on Vegan Brunch Buffet at Savyon (scrumptious!), spicy garlic noodles at Fresh East (absolutely amazing), vegan lunch special & vegan pumpkin soup from Kassava (DELICIOUS), Mao's Chinese vegan items (mouth-watering), and have been cooking such tasty recipes as Hoison-Mustard Tofu Lettuce Wraps & Scallion Potato Pancakes (from Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz), Chipotle Lentil Burgers & OMG Oven-Baked Onion Rings (also from Isa's book), vegan brats & coleslaw, and Veganomicon's po'boys (also by Miss Moskowitz). Such delicacies in my tummy-I have been living it up! :D

I have been working tirelessly to finalize my pics for my headshots that I took & once I send them to be edited & get those back I will post oodles of pictures. Cannot wait to show you!

Movie reviews: I have been watching some goodies lately my friends-

Mildred Pierce (starring Joan Crawford, Jack Carson, Eve Arden): such an amazing film about a mother's struggle to provide for her family after she & her husband divorce. And the daughter is so ungrateful and cruel and selfish. Just a fabulous classic film-always a bit excessive in costumes, sets, etc. (no single mother could afford Joan's wardrobe) but a delight to watch nonetheless.



Mildred Pierce the mini-series (starring Kate Winslet, Guy Pearce, Evan Rachel Wood): so far I am enthralled-I am loving the realness that is being portrayed. Kate is raw, the little girl playing her daughter is owning that bigoted mind-set, Guy Pearce is wonderfully selfish and aloof-the sets & costumes, I have been loving it!



The Kennedys (starring Greg Kinnear, Barry Pepper, Tom Wilkinson): I am love with every scene that Greg, Tom, and Barry are in-those three men are fantastic actors. The women in the film are fantastic as well, all but Katie Holmes, she is just so blinky & twitchy & talk-out-of-the-side-of-her-mouthy that it distracts from EVERYTHING! Grrr Katie Holmes, grrr! Why must you ruin Jackie Kennedy with your weird twitchiness-stop it! Despite Katie this mini-series is very lovely. I am enjoying it immensely.



2012 (starring John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Danny Glover): OY VEY! Why John, Danny, Amanda, etc., WHY?! This movie was just not good. Oh movies today-all CGI flash and no substance. No substance at all. And while the message was optimistic towards the human spirit which I appreciated the film was so poorly executed. Just blah...



A River Runs Through It (starring Brad Pitt, Tom Skerritt, Brenda Blethlyn): this movie is still magic to me-I love the story, the cinematography, everything. It reminds me so much of my two older brothers. Just poignant and lovely every time I watch it. Thank you Robert Redford and thank you Norman Maclean. I am haunted by waters...



Gangs of New York (starring Daniel Day Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz): I love this movie, well everything with the exception of Cameron Diaz. She is HORRIBLE, I'm sorry, she just is. There is no connection, her accent slips in and out, she is one of my least favorite actresses. She & Kirsten Dunst-do NOT get me started...other than she who shall not be named I really enjoy this film. The story, the actors, the grittiness, and Daniel Day Lewis is always brilliant. Just an amazingly committed and talented actor.



part of Sex & the City 2 (starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis): this movie makes me so sad-it missed the mark from the magic that was the show. So many problems. I had to turn it off because it made me sad to see what they did with most of the characters in the film. Just not my Sex & the City, I busted out my box set of DVDs and watched an episode just to soothe myself!



I feel like there is more that I watched but I am blanking & need to wrap up these left-overs from dinner for Joe's & my lunches tomorrow. I love left-overs!! Have an absolutely fabulous night & tomorrow dear chickens! xoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment