Sunday, December 6, 2009

"And they also have a weather-proof coat..."

Okay, I know this might make a few people angry but I just need to get it off my chest. I apologize if you get offended but it's my opinion and you don't have to read on. So here goes...

I am so sick and tired of people who want to get into a religious discussion with me on the pretense that it's a respectful discussion, meaning not preaching at me or lecturing me, but DISCUSSING beliefs. I am more than willing to talk about any subject, or even debate any subject, if you are respectful of me as a person and the fact that they are my beliefs (or lack thereof) not yours, just as I do to you. Who do you think you are? I mean, seriously, who do you think you are?

How do you KNOW you're right and I'm wrong, or anyone who doesn't believe what you belive is wrong? It is a BELIEF. Meaning there is not FACT or PROOF to back it up. You just have faith in it. So don't tell me I'm wrong or anyone else is because they don't believe in your god or savior or holiday bullshit. Don't disvalue what they believe in, ESPECIALLY if they respect you and yours.

I am just so sick of that. And don't tell me not to say Happy Holidays. I will friggin to say it! There are more than one holiday going on during this season. Yours is no better or more right than anyone else's. GOT IT? And P.S. Judaism is older than Christianity so don't use "we were there first" as your excuse. That just makes you sound stupid. In fact if you want to pull that out then you better look it up friend because if I recall correctly the oldest recordings of religion were Hinduism.

I am just so sick of that. I'm sorry if it pisses people off but it makes me too angry when someone tries to force feed you their beliefs/faith. I respect you, your beliefs, and your right to practice them so you NEED to do the same to me and everyone else. These rights you hold so dear to say what you want and believe what you want, I hold just as dear. No I am not Christian. No I do not believe in God or Jesus or anyone in particular. So stop cramming it down my throat!

I love that everyone has the faith that they do. And I love that we live in a country that has established rights for us to practice those faiths. But don't sit there and try to take that right away from me by literally forcing yours upon me. If I wanted that, I would be in a country that didn't have SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.

For goodness sakes. Can't I just be good to people based on the fact that they are people, not because God/Buddah/Vishnu/Allah/Yaweh told me to? Can't I just treat others with kindness, love, respect, and forgiveness because I want them to do the same to me not because some parable in the Bible/Koran/Torah/etc. told me to? You know when you break them all down it comes down to that golden rule we learned in kindergarden right? So why do I need a god or a book written by MAN to tell me what the heck I'm supposed to do/feel/be? That answer is I don't but if you believe in those things: MORE POWER TO YOU. I think that it is fantastic that you love them/it/whatever. Just please, Please, PLEASE let me do/feel/think/believe what I want too. If you want to follow, follow on. But I don't. EVER. So stop trying to MAKE me believe what you do because it only makes me NOT want to more. It takes me back to that special place in 7th grade where little girls told other little girls they couldn't be friends with them at a sleepover because they were going to hell. They didn't even know what hell was then, not truly. I mean, ugh!

Whatever. I just needed to get that out there. If you care for fellow human beings than respect them enough to let them believe what they want. Discuss! Please discuss, but don't preach, or lecture, or disvalue them because of their beliefs. And realize you are not the only person out there. And your faith/religion is not the only one out there. RESPECT people. Aretha taught you the words, now follow them. Please. And thank you. :D